Tax questions come up often, and I'd like to make sure that accurate tax information is easily available. I'm going to start this off with a bunch of links to relevant information from the IRS, the only online source you should trust for US tax advice. Many of us are in the US, but if you know where the tax information for your country is, please add a link so we can be more inclusive.
And remember: If the publications and documents from the people who write the tax rules don't give you a clear answer, it is time to stop messing around on the internet and talk to an accountant. We don't know your whole situation, your money is none of our business, and we are not accountants.
- Taxes on the sale of a home, don't forget to check out the link to Publication 523, and the additional information if you're doing an installment sale.
- Gift taxes, and the much misunderstood lifetime limits. Frankly, if you've got enough money that this is a potential issue, you've got enough money to hire a lawyer and/or accountant to keep you on the straight and narrow.
- Taxes on rental income, complete with links to relevant publications.
- Your rental empire and/or real estate salesperson is a small business. Here's some information for taxes on small businesses
- What about property taxes? Those are regulated by state and local law. For more information, do a search for "[your county], [your state] County assessor's office." Be careful not to leave out the state because some county names are common; Clark County Nevada and Clark County Washington are very different places.
Got more tax information you'd like to share? Please feel free to add in the comments!
NATIONWIDE HARD MONEY & PRIVATE LENDING SOURCES
Submit one inquiry – Connect to multiple nationwide funding sources
A loan from a private lender is an asset-based loan secured by real property. Because the loan is secured by the value of the property, income verification and credit scores are not usually the primary deciding factors in credit extension.
- Terms ranging from short term 12 month loans to 30 year loans
- Loans starting at $75,000
- No income verification loans
- Asset-based lending with minimal credit score requirements
- Rates starting at only 4.99% for longer term loans
- Interest only loan options